Oxygen as a gas is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It is very reactive and combines with most of the elements. It is required for all animals and plants for respiration and is the basis for most forms of combustion.
SOC Supplies Oxygen:
- Compressed in cylinder capacities 40L-10L
- In cylinder racks – 1×16, 1×30,1×60
- Oxygen Liquid in duracylinders & cryogenic tanks
Fractionation, most commonly by cryogenic fractional distillation
Uses Of Oxygen
- Oxygen is used to improve the yield of a large number of petrochemical processes.
- Oxygen can be used pure in chemical oxidation reactions such as the production of ethylene oxide (EO), propylene oxide (PO), ethylene dichloride (EDC), vinyl acetate monomer (VAM), titanium dioxide (TiO2), ferric sulfate and also for the debottlenecking of air based processes such as those in the production of acrylonitrile and purified terephtalic acid (PTA).
- O2 is also used in the production of synthesis gas (H2/CO).
- Mainly used for the glass melting and generally for all oxy-combustion process.
- As in the iron and steel industry (Decarburization of hot metal to produce steel, and to enrich blast furnace air), oxygen is used in non ferrous primary production, secondary smelting etc,With acetylene or LPGs, oxygen allows to boost the flame properties in flame torches and burners (flame temperature, specific flame output power).
- Biological water purification, clean waste incineration, ozone synthesis.
Treatment of respiratory insufficiencies and resuscitation, in hyperbaric oxygen changes for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Uses in Food Industry
Oxygenation of fish-breeding tanks
Physical & Chemical Properties
|Phase||Gas / Liquid|
|Relative Density ,Gas||1.1(air=1)|
|Relative Density ,Liquid||Not applicable|
|Vapour Pressure||Not applicable|
|Solubility [mg/l] in Water||39 mg/l|
|Appearance (Color)||Colourless gas|
|Odour||No odour warning properties|
|Toxic||Avoid Oxygen rich >21%|
|Flammability Range||Non Flammable – Oxidizer.|
|UN Number||1072 – Gas 1973 – Liquid|
|Chemical Abstracts Service Number||7782-44-7|